Affiliate Marketing Guidelines
In a shifting regulatory environment surrounding online gambling, it’s more important than ever to ensure that you – as an affiliate of Fable Affiliates and its brands – are compliant with the most recent legislation. With this in mind, we have put together these marketing guidelines to act as a quick reference to ensure you’re up to date with requirements.
You must still read and comply with our entire Affiliate Terms and Conditions document, but the purpose of these guidelines is to offer guidance on the most common issues and concerns related to promoting our brands.
While these guidelines are specific for working with Fable Affiliates, much of what is mentioned here is best practice across all brands you might promote.
- You must not use your own media or make changes to that which we have provided in any way. When promoting Fable Affiliates brands, it’s imperative that you only use the media that we provide to you. All the banners and text tracking links you should need are available under the ‘Media Gallery’ tab on the toolbar within our platform. If you have special requirements, would like co-branded banners, or in some way need creatives changed, please contact your account manager.
- When sending traffic to our brands, it is imperative that you only use the links provided to you through the affiliate platform. This not only ensures that players are taken only to pages which have text compliant with the latest regulations, but also ensures that your traffic is tracked correctly, and you receive the correct commission payments. If your account manger requests that you change the links which you are using, you must make the change without delay.
- Care must be taken to ensure that you keep detailed and accurate records of all the websites, social media accounts and other channels through which you are promoting our brands. You should make us aware beforehand when you plan to start promoting through a new site or channel, in order for us to ensure that it is acceptable from the perspective of regulations. When requested, you must be able to present a full list of URLs where you are displaying our brands; failure to do so may lead us to terminating our agreement with you.
- You must not promote our brands or display any communications relating to any Fable Affiliates brand on any website or channel which:
- Offer problem gambling advice or corrective behavioural content
- Infringe upon any copyrights – these might include streaming or torrent sites
- Are targeted, or likely to be frequented, by those under the age of 18. Please avoid imagery, colours or wording in all communications which might appeal to children.
- You must not engage in any email or SMS marketing of Fable Affiliates brands unless you have specific written consent from your account manager. If you are sending marketing communications related to Fable Media brands, you must ensure you do not spam or send unsolicited emails. You must be able to demonstrate you have received express consent from any user to send such materials, and if you cannot, you must remove them from your database.
- You should not use social media to promote our brands. If you are using social media to promote your own website, you must:
- Display the ‘Over 18’ logo in all communication and on your profile
- Display BeGambleAware information and branding on your accoundt
- Include links to where gambling advice or guidance can be found
- Ensure all imagery and wording is designed to not appeal to those under 18
- Be prepared to demonstrate how your communications are not aimed at children, including the use of age screening where available
- If you ever have any questions about promoting our brands, or if you’re unsure about the specific rules which apply, just ask us. You can get in contact directly with your account manager, or send an email to [email protected] We are always on hand to assist you.
- While you can’t change any creative media (banners) without written consent, it is always possible to request changes and custom banners from your account manager.
- It is always best practice to ensure your communications are only accessible, and/or only appeal to those who are over 18. Use age filters where they are available, to ensure that your content is blocked from children, and ensure your language and branding have a more mature appeal.
- When you place a new link or banner on your site, always make sure you test it by clicking on the link and checking that your users are being sent to the correct landing pages on our brands. If you run into any problems, please flag the issue immediately to your account manager.
- If you are using any direct marketing methods to promote your own websites or (only with written consent) our brands, always ensure you have explicit consent from the users in line with current laws, and that a clear opt-out is provided. You must honour opt-out requests, and keep good records of consent and opt-outs.
- Please ensure that all your websites keep to the best industry standards. It is our joint responsibility to promote socially responsible gambling, and you must display ‘Over 18’ logos throughout your site.
- Ensure that you keep abreast of any updates that are made either by us or others in regard to:
- Gambling legislation
- Affiliate compliance
- Our brands’ appearance
- The promotional bonuses we offer
- Our affiliate terms & condition